Quantcast
Entertainment Exec Sues Match.Com After Alleging Sexual Assault From Member Met Online posted by on April 16, 2011
Share

Matchmakers carry a lot more liabilities these days

A California woman, who chooses to remain anonymous other than revealing she is an Executive in the Entertainment Industry, is suing Match.com after she claims she was sexually assaulted by a man she met online.  She is now suing the company and demanding they create a stronger screening process to prevent such events from occurring again.

The woman claims she met Alan Wurtzel online on Match.com, who has been previously convicted six separate times for sexual battery.  The two met at Urth Cafe, a popular restaurant in West Hollywood on Melrose blvd, and she said he seemed charming and from a good and prominent family.

But peril began after a second date, in which the woman claims Wurtzel followed her home, and sexually assaulted her in her own home.  Wurtzel claims the sex was consensual and has plead not guilty on 2 felony charges against him stemming from the incident.  His trial begins April 26th.

Attorney for Robert Platt had this to say about the incident:

“We don’t have their Social Security numbers. It would create so many problems by trying to get background information on all these people,”

A statement like that reminds me a lot of what Southwest Airlines had to say about pushing off routine government mandated inspections on their plane.  They said it would cause a “significant burden” to adhere to those standards.

I guess we’re starting to see what the minds of our Corporations are really concerned with, and it definitely isn’t the people who spend money in their direction.

Share